International Language Center, Nagoya University
- Educational Technology
- Japanese-language Education Media & Systems
Current Research Topic
- Application of an Interactive Blackboard for Lectures
- Development of Japansese CALL
- Study on Computer-Mediated Communication
- Analysis on Impact of Social Presence
Book, Published Laerning System / Material
- Nagoya University Japanese-language Education Media and Systems Lab. Group (Ed.) (Ishizaki, T., Sato, K., Hara, A., & Egawa, T. (Auth.)) (2006) Intermediate Japanese Listening Course (IJLC) CD-ROM, Bonjinsha.
- Sato, K. (2006) Study on Effect of Enhancing Social Presence by Using Board-Mediated Communication on an Interactive Blackboard, Doctor Thesis (Dept. of Human System Science, Graduate School of Decision Science & Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology). (In Japanese)
- Sato, K. & Akahori, K. (2005) Effect of Board-Mediated Communication on an Interactive Blackboard to Enhance Social Presence and Affective Learning of the Learners, Japan Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.29, No.4, pp.501-513. (Awarded Paper of Japan Society for Educational Technology) (In Japanese)
- Sato, K. (2006) Effect of Social Presence Caused by Non-Verbal Cues on a Bulletin Board System to Enhance Subsequent Communication, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Cognitive Science (ICCS2006), pp.179-180.
- Sato, K. & Akahori, K. (2005) Effect of Visualizing Social Interaction on Bulletin Board Systems to Enhance Social Presence of the User, Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (ED-MEDIA) 2005, pp.814-821.
Learning System / Material
- i-room: Interactive Blackboard Software Visualizing Students' Feedback
- IJLC: Intermediate Japanese Listening Course
- WebCMJ: Learn Elementally Japanese Grammar Online (Multilingual Version)